Sunday, March 06, 2005

Jassi's 7 tips

I have always been skeptical reading about TV/Cinema characters first beacsue I don't know many of them and second because my maximum tolerance for an Indian TV serial is 5 minutes. Today, since I was in no rejoicing mood while coming back from airport while waiting for a person, I took this book unconsciously. Started reading it quote by quote and it was all so true... Oh, I was reading it fully... so consciously! First time I could just finish reading a book at book-stall itself that too in a very few minutes and could still carry quite a few thoughts... May be because it just reflected my own thoughts on working in India :-)

http://www.popularprakashan.com/Showbook.asp?bookid=293

My additions: if u work in India, official politics is a must to experience. So learn to tackle it afap and you will be simply flying on your way... Just be firm and have passion. In office no emotion, no friendship (in your work group) and absolutely no expectation at personal level. Just smartly work hard and DO ENSURE that you get your credit. In Indian firms you can just have one of "credit for your hard work" or what people call "friendship" with your peers. I'm yet to see a combination of both :-).

And yes, if you can decently survive in an Indian firm, cheers! cheers again for yourself!!! You are ready to be successful anywhere else. Indian firms give you a wonderful training for "how to cope up with the worst of behavioral working environment" straight from "the best of industry players".

 Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home