Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006: An Year of Surprizes!

2006, an year for which first word that comes to me today is "Surprise". The best thing I realize atm is I was no vulnerable to any, may it be a pleasant and an un-pleasant one. I could keep my cool :-) (I know my near ones won't believe it but that's what it is :-))

* First and foremost, the way Americans "live" was a pleasant surprise. Live for today, live for yourself and live it all.
* How much more efficient one can be at work while working without indian politics, at least in an IT company.
* Sun & winter could be so different in various geo’s. I really had no idea about it. In my native place I'm no lesser than an Eskimo but in other parts of the world I was roaming at 10Deg Cel as in Delhi summer :-)
* Met with an intelligent lady at work. "Intelligent Lady", isn't that surprising?? Yes, she still amazes me with her witty bits every day. When I saw her outside work I was even more surprised. Amazing warmth & kiddies’ in her was great to feel.
* Realized common-sense is so significantly missing in so called "Indian NASA Scientists" who work in software companies like Microsoft and Sun Microsystems :-). Read somewhere “unfortunately common-sense escapes some of us” and found it so true…
* Met some biggie viggie who need no recognition, at least this is what I thought and they all cry for recognition??? Surprising??
* Realized how easy it is to swallow but how tough it is to digest. Most of the people swallow other human being due to some attraction but chocking thereafter kills forever.
* My sis recently gave me a surprise 2-3 months back and I thought that was all for the year but no, she ended the year with yet another - most pleasant surprise.
* Trip to Medak was another of its kind where I saw some folks taking out hen's eye with normal knife right at the church lawn.
* English friend – his hair colours & mom-in-law’s cakes, Japanese friend – with American sister, Indian (American) cousin’s – none married to Indian spouse, driving & horse riding at beaches were all so exciting surprises…
* Terms & phrases that I coined surprized me every single time.
* Greatest surprize was my friend's totally disturbed state when she was nearing her wedding and expected (it's common in India for girl to adopt part of husband's name in her's) change in her lastname was taking sleep away from her nights:-(

What does not surprise me is the fact that real estate prizes touching the sky in Hyderabad while the place is still a village and is at the verge of remaining the same :-)

 Subscribe in a reader

2 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger Bharad said...

nice blog!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger nahankid said...

Why have you stopped writing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home