Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love

LOVE - heard it, loved it, sung it, danced it, used it, misused it, refused it, ruined it, & what not but only at extreme rare occasions I *realized* it.
Last month while travelling to phx we had an elderly American couple sitting right behind us. Both seemed to be in 80+, quite likely in 90s too. The lady seemed little bit more in need of help physically but both couldn't sit without assistance. My attention moved to them when a nice air-hostess tried to help them beyond normal like in ensuring they sit comfortably, in checking-in their hand luggage and then trying to make as much space for them as possible. Soon after taking my seat I slept and later when I woke up, like any other Indian I didn't hesitate in overhearing conversation this couple was having. Anyhow, here is what I heard for the first & just fell for it:

Lady: I'm travelling after very long. I wonder if I'll still get scared while landing.
Man: Don't worry. When I'm with you, you don't need to worry.

Imagine an elderly man who need assistance himself say this? I couldn't stop overhearing thereafter - probably don't regret it also. Even after telling myself, this isn't the right thing to do, I just could not focus on anything else. Thereafter some conversation just touched me:

Lady: I know. I sure know. I'm not worried.
Man (took her hand in his hands): I love you.
Lady: I love you too.
Lady: Do you think XXX (someone they were going to visit most probably) will come to receive us?
Man: He (XXX) called me & most likely will come but he didn't say anything. He has young kids so if he does not, we will still have a fun trip to Arizona. You & Me will enjoy the beauty of the desert.
Lady: yes, I don't need anything when I'm with you. Let's rock in Arizona. Just You and Me!!

As an afterthought, it sounds pretty much like movies but this sure wasn't made-up. It was coming from heart. While getting down of the plane, I saw them again and prayed that God bring loads of more love in their life!!!

 Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home