Friday, January 11, 2013

What a bogus article to mislead Indian women

Yesterday someone forwarded me this article from Chetan Bhagat
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-29/all-that-matters/32923106_1_indian-men-new-woman-life-partners.

I felt so disappointed in this author (who I admired at some point) that I logged-in to my blog today.

I'm amazed how people watch same movie (same stars, same acting, same story, same expressions) and take such a different message.

Cocktail, as much as I liked this movie (awesome Jugni track) it made me think hard (funny, who would think about a Bollywood movie afterwards :-)).  Unlike any other Hindi movie in past few years, this one made me think how fast India is progressing. How much has changed in the way our youth (till now I thought youth meant me :-)) is thinking and expressing. What they are discussing & expressing now, is something we could not even think just few years back.

Then, I hit this ridiculous article.

In any love triangle, one person will pick one out of other two. Does that convey anything about the society as a whole? What about JTAJ - what message does that movie convey about Indian society? Just the opposite? [bet, CB won't talk about that movie] Come on CB! grow-up and focus on some good writing. Don't just look for "topics" to give you emotional advantage over your writing issues!

Comparison of Marissa Mayer with women in India - he must be kidding! Marissa is certainly not cooking phulka and she is certainly doing everything valued in a women in her society. I mean everything to stay attractive.

And which man wouldn't be happy if he gets a salary of COO and "phulka" made by another "woman" (who says that woman needs to be wife :-)) while he just sit back look for social events capable of providing him emotional exploitation opportunities from fellow Indians. I would see him talk if his wife is a "normal" professional with salary insufficient to hire a cook and where this guy has to make phulka's himself. Who would he pick?

More frustrating is to see how India women group wake up to such articles and immediately start talking about all the rights and freedom they suddenly need in this world. It's a movie!! A love triangle! A story repeated million times in Bollywood! As we read his article, someone is coming up with another movie with guy picking up non-phulka making girl this time. Another moment for other side of the tribe to wake up to their rights!

One thing agreed, the guy has more talent in finding bits & pieces that will exploit people's emotions than writing.

 

 Subscribe in a reader

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home